Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Today, back at the GYM!


Well hello there. Today was long, it felt like I got a lot of good work done today but I can't remember exactly what I did. I remember the morning starting off rocky.....then...exhaustion. UNTIL I looked at the photo collage I made- duh I guess that is what I did.
April 1st was my due date to be back at the gym! Isn't it weird how pants that are too small sometimes seem to slide down your waist more? I would think they would stay up better? So that was kind of annoying, gym clothes will fit better soon. I don't mind much, I pretty much didn't move, let alone break a sweat for six weeks. And eat massive amounts of donuts, I don't mind much. 
I go to 24 hour fitness-I had to restart my membership and was fully prepared to have to 'deal' with the front desk and there being something totally annoying and complicated I would have to do in order to get in. Nope. Went smooth. Usually dealing with the gym is as difficult as dealing with the cable company. 
I did a good ten minute sweat on a sit down bike. I SWEAR, I got some leg muscle bulge back already.   C'mon- we all know how much I check myself out in the mirror- I would know! Mark calls bullshit.
I was going to share a story about bulging muscles and The Bar Method (my previous exercise obsession/love of my life.) but I am mad at The BAr MEthOD. They burned me, maybe some day I will gush about them again and tuck tuck hold foreeevvverrrrr. (Respect me or I quit) uggghhh i  can't help it--- The Bar Method exercise program is the best workout you will ever get in your entire life. It's a mix of ballet/Pilates and isometric moves. It will mold your body into a piece of juicy perfection. I would eat me. My sister spoiled me with a membership while we lived together in San Francisco,( and I worked at the Boston location)That was also the year I had my favorite job! I walked the city 40 hours a week putting flyers on doors. That's a really long story- one of my favorites. 
And thennnnnnn....Feeling pretty good I continued my uber not that exciting but somewhat not really entertaining  day with a visit to my place of previous employment, The New Children's Museum of San Diego! well I technically still work there, I'm on leave until May I hope I can go back- or go back sooner! Once I find out if the chemo is working I will have a better idea. Anyways.
 So going in there is going to be totally awkward. Thank goodness it's closed- totally forgot we are closed on Tuesdays. Snuck in, got what I needed, attempted to say hello to someone who I emailed who didn't respond- happy he didn't hear me call his name. And I'm out! 
I truely love the museum- let's hang out some time and I will tell you all about it. 
Here is a photo of our garden. Daily we have garden workshops for the kiddies where they build little origami pots out of newspaper and put our garden seeds in them. U can just throw the whole thing in the ground and supposedly it grows! I found the project quite challenging actually. But the kids seem to get it. So everyone who works there eats the veggies we grow!( not me veggies- I know not what to do with them) And we have chickens too so they get to eat veggies too, annnd we eat their eggs! I haven't -- I haven't been lucky enough to win the egg lottery. I asked some of the chicken coop kids whether or not we would eat the chickens eventually, to continue the circle of life. They got kinda pissed- I guess they're more pets than a food source. I asked-- but what if one gets too old to lay eggs or gets sick, duh to meI'm not sure if eating old sick chickens is a good idea. They probably think I'm so weird.
Insert- rabbit story from Polish farm via Mark, which may or may not be true.
The garden is so pretty- why don't the thousands  of downtown San diegan bums eat the vegetables? Or piss on them? Or smoke crack in them. They probably do right? I don't want your damn eggs children's museum! Please- be kind to our garden- it actually is magical.
That's body pump in the background of my kicks photo. While I stretched I occupied myself with picking out the best muscles in the group- they weren't that good- next month they will be, because I will be there! All jacked up, all RIPPED.
Whew head just started hurting, a little light headed. All this ripped muscle vegetable talk. My head muscle must be fatigued. I'm hoping working out will help me sleep.i sleep horribly these days. I have a cat named Bird, he screams every night of his life, for the last eight years. He jumps out of bed, he falls asleep in my arms every night btw, we have to pick him up, put him in front of his food, then put him back in bed when he is finished. This ritual is my/ our fault completely. It's too late for us now. 
We give Sunny melatonin for his skin condition. Maybe I will start drugging Bird with it, it helps you sleep. I'm going to try taking one right now.
Damn head . I haven't had a headache in a few days. I was having them everyday since the surgery-they are mostly gone for the last week or so. Yay. Especially since I was banned from Tylenol. I guess if the Tylenol doesn't work- you should probably not take double the dose. It's not good for your kidneys. Doctor thus had to prescribe me something extra- which I hate hate taking. It doesn't do anything more than the Tylenol anyways.
My sister warned me not to go sell it on the corner. I think she actually thought I may. Silly sister. Wink.
Donuts- Dunkin- check. Terrible selection- I may have to write a letter.
I made my kale salad again today- everyday since Lindsey left I have made it- she taught me how. I should probably eat more vegetables.i promise to try.
Time to close my eyes a bit and put on an episode of SVU, I've seen them all by now, my step mom too- it's our thing. I wish they had Criminal Minds on netflix too. I wish I had cable! Then I could watch new episodes! A girl can dream- the cable company won't even answer my calls! I love those quotes they have on the beg/end of Criminal minds- insert great quote here.
Goodnight Y'all.
And thank you for all of the words of encouragement on GoFundMe regarding my post! And all your donations of love and money, and help and work you have done getting my story out there! Every penny helps! 

"My dream tonight is to get the sleep I haven't been getting" - my baby boy Mark, I feel so bad for him.

Goodnight for realz now. - k

No comments:

Post a Comment