Monday, April 7, 2014

My tumah buddy

This is my brain tumor buddy. We grew up around the corner from each other. She moved when we were jr highish age and I don't really remember seeing her ever again. But her mom worked with my mom as a teacher at the high school I attended, so I always heard stories about her when she was bad! Now we have reconnected- over our tumors- not the best way- but I'm very happy!
Her tumor is the same as mine when I was first diagnosed. But hers was in her frontal lobe. How fucked up is that- in the same neighborhood! She had surgery a few months ago  and is now doing chemo which has so far been a success! I'm so happy to have someone to talk to, be blunt with, and hate cancer with. She lives near my momma so whenever I'm up in the OC we try to get together-here we are at my favorite breakfast place in Yorba Linda called The Original Pancake House. I would be going there tomorrow but  I'm going for a haircut- always cheers me up! Still waiting to see the doctor, he's an hour late but that's nothing new. See you soon folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment