Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sweets, I'm so damn sweet

It has been a problem of mine. My mother blames my father, supposedly he gave me coca cola in my sippy cup. All I have to say is, thank you dad, where would I be, who would I be? I love my cola, none of that diet shit either. That stuff gives you cancer.
I've been getting a lot of candy lately.
Growing up I mostly saw my dad on the weekends. We always went to the movies. There was candy involved,  lots of candy. As my belly grew into a big girl belly we began to pre-shop for our movie candy. First it was the sour patch kids ( classic) then we had the Airheads, Woppers, licorice, all that boring stuff. Where it got reaaaaallll was the toffee. SCORE bars, Heath Bars, RIPP your teeth pit of your head bars. Toffee and I had a good couple years together.
Candy.Good thing we live right above a 7-11, I haven't had any chocolate today, my donut daily doesn't count. I love my downtown San Diego 7-11.
I thought I loved by college days 7-11 in San Jose, that was a pretty good one. The main man, I don't remember his name, but I'm sure he remembers mine, was a total crack head- he looked like Christian Bale in TheMachinist but with long stringy brown hair. My friend Chelsea remembers his name- what's his name? He found me on the bus once and started talking to me, I got off and walked home. Sometimes he would run two cash registers at once, one time...he was in love with me, he was always so happy to see me, I'm glad I made him smile.
Ugh these stories suck, Mark has some really good stories. You wouldn't believe half of them....remember in that second or third Hannibal/ cannibal movie when they feed the bodies to the pigs, in gangster movies too- this seems like a great way to dispose of a body btw. So on this family farm in Poland Mark claims to have visited. They have these types of  pigs- but they don't feed them people. They feed them POOP. Human poop. Whhhhhhhaaaatttttttt. The outhouse is situated above the pigpen, I guess they live in a ditch. He said once the pigs saw you, they would squeal and ram the walls of the outhouse, then eat your poop. Best part ever.
The farm people would eat the pigs! Isn't that so sweet!!
I think I may believe this story, I believe 83% of it. To be continued....
Every weekend we saw maybe one or two movies, in one day! We became pros at sneaking into the second one! ONE TIME, proudest movie stealing ever, we snuck into the Lion King opening day show and they were even checking tickets at the theater entrance! Yes. Sometimes we even snuck real food in! So bad, cheeseburgers! Fat burger! We so bad.
Dad started coming prepared with candy, pre-stocked. I started carrying a purse- too much candy to put in our pocket.
We would finish off our movie date with dinner of course. We would go to Islands, in-n-out (which Mark says sucks-boooo) the Whole Enchilada, Thai food if I begged hard enough. I think that's pretty much it, I was picky. And then maybe we would top it off with Target or Mervyns. 
He spoiled me rotten, inside and out. Rotten teeth rotten mind rotten personality, NOT!! actually Im perfect. Who would I be if i weren't so spoiled ( Mark would say, I have a natural sense of being a pain in the ass- in a good way- desire and drive naturally) this is because I was spoiled.
That makes no sense. What I mean to say is,
Thank you dad for spoiling me. I cherish every movie we saw together. Every little bit of candy, can u send me some more please, and thank you. I just want more candy.
I always have to go to the dentist. I've been lucky to have always have dental insurance.no matter how well I take care of them, cavities, my teeth ...are soft. My favorite dentist, Dr. FUNada told me they are soft, he was probably just trying to make me feel better. He gave me an electronic toothbrush for a college graduation gift! Funny story about how I met him. Insert here. My mom thinks he had a crush on me.
Anyways I love the 7-11 downstairs. Alex and Rosa are the managers and they are my only friends here. That may sound sad, but once u meet them you would be like whhhhhaaattttt they are so cool! Whhhhhaaattttttt! That's what we yell when we see each other. They like my gory stories and surgery scar so it gave me somewhere to go every morning once I came back down south after my surgery. They have these breakfast sandwiches that taste like deluxe mcdonalds. 
I wish mcdonalds were closer, it's maybe 6 blocks away, 3 too many blocks away for me. Mark and I don't like to leave our threeish square block hood, so if u wanna hang with us you better pick someplace close to meet, or Mark is going to be in a bad mood. Maybe I will take my walk to mcdonalds, ONLY if I go to the gym first (maybe)
So Easter is my favorite time of the candy year. WHY? Cadbury EGG time of course! And now they have the chocolate cream and Carmel and the ooeygooey used to gross but now is delicious white yellow slime eggs. BUT, these, are,nothing, compared to their classic little baby sugar covered milk chocolate eggs. The ones in the purple bag? Do u know what I'm talking about?
These are my absolute favorite. Dad would get me dozens of bags a season. Ohhhhhhhh man. They are so expensive now, 2 bags for $7, that's a little steep on on my candy budget. But I got a care package from my Dad and momma Jan a couple weeks ago, and they HOOKED me up. It was actually kind of gross, there was already a lot of candy in the house. Everything is almost gone now. So I need another box people! Get on it!
So my mom is an ANGEL, anyone who has met her, heard me speak kindly about her lol, or has seen her photo can see- an angel. So maybe my dad spoiled me rotten, but my mom Spolied me.....the eff up. She effed me up. I am down right bad.
I'm the baby gotta love me.
So we are headed to my sisters house in amanhattan Beach from one of my 3 month check ups.
So here is how it goes....every 3 months for the last five years I go in for an MRI of my brain, a blood draw, and visit with my neuro-oncologist. This usually takes all day. 
So we are at UCLA, timing is always difficult, don't want to go too early or too late because of traffic coming up and back down from my moms house in Orange County. So it ends up not being that great of an appointment, and I want some flipping cookies. Not any cookies. But these frosted, as pictured, cookies that I can only get at a particular bakery that closes in 30 minutes. It is bumper to bumper traffic....
Damn I ran out of steam writing this. 
Anyways, she got me there in time, in crazy traffic, with me flipping out about cookies- literally, remember they call me the flipper?As they were locking the doors, we got there.of course I had called them hysterically telling them I was on my way and that I was sad and that I needed cookies.
I got all cookied out on that place tho, so now we do the see's candy. Then there was delicious Mexican food and my sissy. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Going to get sees this weekend, a pound! And Mark can't have any because he says Sees sucks, then he eats them anyways, he sucks.
My mom is an amazing cook and baker. Last time we made these little chocolate nests, with the Cadbury eggs in them! You see., u see the eggs!! The nests tasted really good at 2am when I couldn't sleep. She made my birthday cake this year- which I don't have a photo of, pissed. But it was from scratch, angel food cake strawberry short cake magic. Insert birthday story here.
I think I will ask her to bake something this weekend with me. I'm going to take the train up on Friday and spend the weekend with her! I have some Nordy gift cards I've been trying to spend but the mall here blows as I've told you. It's absolutely horrendous, Im going to have to write a letter.
I'm in the market for a weekend bag for all my upcoming travels. the one I have doesn't have a shoulder strap, one of the handles is tied on, and is heavy- it's pretty though. I like to shop..a lot...but it seems like there is nothing I want these days.kinda sad. We are going to go to Nordstrom rack- I can't handle paying full price for anything, especially when everything is such poor quality, and I  get I get excited with sales...CVS ( they literally gave me $30 this week in extra bucks) Mark isn't allowed to go grocery shopping alone anymore because of his lack of sale purchases.
Whhhhewwwwww. No headache today. I slept horribly last night. I wake up, pray that it's 3 am and not 1130. Bird was less screamy last night. Every time I woke up I pet his head- I think giving him more attention is helping. He's so sensitive, he took a human size poop a couple hours ago and didn't cover it up- ugh probably because he's mad. 
I will never talk about poop ever again, it's so unladylike.
I wish I were sleepy right now. I'm bored- but don't want to do anything. Makes me binge eat-- I realized that my favorite snack of rice crispies cereal with milk is only 170 calories per serving, and the serving is big, too bad there is no nutritional value what so ever.
Whatever
Chocolate egg it is.
Later gators
-k




This is my father and I going to a 50's themed GirlScout dance, my mom made my skirt, and me with a asain candy care package package from the Louie family, Hello Panda is my favorite! 

2 comments:

  1. Great stories; I love getting to know you better, but I wish I hadn't read it during my lunch. You know...all the poop stuff, especially the part about the pigs. Gross. Now Cadbury eggs...yum. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those purple package Cadbury eggs. I'm not even supposed to eat dairy and they make my stomach hurt a bit if I eat a ton, but I do and I love them. Haha...Christopher isn't allowed to shop alone either because of the same reason...lack of on-sale purchases, he buys the first thing he sees and it's usually the most expensive. There was a lot of poop in this blog post, but it ended up being a uniting theme....I see what you did there, tying it all together in the end :)

    ReplyDelete